Monday, October 15, 2012

Meet the Fockers

Are you still following along with this little blog about my dating adventures? Blogging about dating sure does become boring when you're dating the same guy everyday. Boring in a good way!

Yesterday was the 14th- or 489th day of the best days of my life or 16 months since I met the love of my life.

On the 12th, TubaDad and I, along with my two boys, travelled to my parents home for my 25 year class reunion. The purpose of the trip was two fold.

1- I was going to spend quality time with my friends that I grew up with so many years ago.
2- TubaDad wanted to meet the Fockers- or better known as my parents.

While I ran around with my friends, TubaDad soaked in time with the Fockers. They got along perfectly fine on the 13th as we started the day at my parents ranch, line fishing for perch at the pond and just enjoying nature. TubaDad and Poppa Focker bonded as they cracked open their first Miller Lite at 10am.

Let the male bonding begin! I hear there was a lot of beer drinking and fire cracker popping.

Late afternoon, while I was still running around with friends, TubaDad told the Fockers that he was going to marry Hope- that's me! Poppa Focker said, "Well, you don't need to tell me. You need to tell her."

TubaDad said that he had told me and then told them that it would be before the end of the year to which Momma Focker replied, "Oh."

When I returned everyone seemed happy- or drunk, not sure which- but they were enjoying some good old Nascar racing so we procured some dinner and afterwards I left my crew to go drink and dance and be merry with friends.

It was a great weekend. I was spending time remembering my friends from the past looking forward to my future.

Within the next 78 days I will marry TubaDad and life has never felt so good.

1 comment:

Free Indian chat said...

This is unique blog I found here.